This is my monthly update for August 2017, covering planning matters in the Conservation Areas and Areas of Special Local Character within Ruislip.
New Planning Applications and Appeals
New Planning Applications:
- 5308/APP/2017/2671 and 2672 PARK HOUSE, 32 HIGH STREET Replacement of Sash & Casement Windows & Remedial Work to the Hall Area (incl Listed Building Consent). The RVCP do not see any reason to object to these applications.
- 9433/APP/2017/2683 16 HIGH STREET (Supervalue) Single storey rear extension (Retrospective).
- 16587/APP/2017/2758 17 MANOR ROAD Application for a non-material amendment to planning permission Ref: 16587/APP/2017/1100 dated 23/06/2017 to allow for amendments to fenestration on rear extension (Two storey rear extension and part two storey, part single storey side extension).
- 32347/APP/2017/2847 26A ICKENHAM ROAD Householder Planning Consent application for first floor side extension to form a master bedroom.
- 14490/APP/2017/2848 49 ICKENHAM ROAD Single storey rear extension (Resubmission).
- 6445/ADV/2017/87 & 6445/APP/2017/2861 3-5 HIGH STREET (Zaza) Advertisement Consent application for the implementation of one illuminated sign (incl Listed Building Consent).
- 60079/APP/2017/2967 21 BURY STREET Conversion of the loft to a habitable space with a rear dormer extension, 1 rear and 2 side rooflights (Application for Householder Planning Consent).
- 73132/APP/2017/3084 29 BURY STREET Single storey rear extension.
New decisions taken on Planning Applications and Appeals
- 33A High Street (Grovehouse Financial Advisors) (72933/APP/2017/2048): Change of Use of first floor from Use Class B1 (Offices) to Use Class C3 (Dwelling house) to use as 1 x 2-bed flat (Prior Approval).
- 21 Manor Road (71722/APP/2017/1716): Two storey side extension involving demolition of existing side element.
- 33 High Street (Boots Opticians) (11021/APP/2017/1990): Single storey rear extension.
- 24 Brickwall Lane (11195/APP/2017/2195): Raising of roof and hip to gable enlargement at rear to include Juliette balcony, installation of 2 side dormers, 1 front dormer and two front rooflights to allow creation of habitable roofspace.
- 115 High Street (Ruislip Tandoori) (50068/APP/2017/2063): Change of use from a restaurant (Class A3) to a hot food takeaway (Class A5) and associated external alterations, including installation of ventilation and extraction equipment.
- 37 Bury Street (72966/APP/2017/2181): Single storey detached outbuilding to rear for use as a study/ store (Retrospective).
- 96 High Street (Carphone Warehouse) (24212/APP/2017/2129): Change of Use of first floor from Use Class A1 (Retail) to Use Class C3 (Dwelling house) to use as 1 x 2-bed flat (Prior Approval).
- Land forming part of 2 Arlington Drive (71084/APP/2017/2246 and 2247): Erection of two new detached two-storey houses (4 and 6 Arlington Drive) with two new vehicular crossovers and site landscaping. (Application and Listed Building Consent). A similar application was refused earlier this year.
- Ruislip Telephone Exchange, High Street (10105/APP/2017/1329): Installation of a telecommunications stub tower and 6 antennas, including the removal of existing steelwork and 6 pole-mounted antennas. Relocation of 1 pole-mounted antenna and 1 pole-mounted transmission dish to proposed telecommunications stub tower, removal of existing stub towers. Decision due 4th August (previously 6th June).
- 20 Church Avenue (8158 ENF/732/16): PEO – Unauthorised Side or Front Extension to a Residential Property.
- 3 Pembroke Road (“rear of 157/161 High Street”) (8173 64711/APP/2016/1793): Conversion of roofspace to habitable use with the inclusion of 6 rear rooflights, 2 front rooflights and 4 side rooflights to create 1 x 1-bed self-contained flat with associated amenity space. I had sent the Inspectorate a copy of the comments I had previously submitted to the Council, including a request for refusal.
Planning Applications and Appeals with decision pending
Applications that were due for decision by end August
- 5 & 7 Kingsend (45467/APP/2016/3680) 3 x two storey, 4-bed terraced houses with habitable roofspace with associated parking and amenity space involving demolition of No.7 Kingsend. There is ongoing discussion with the Council on this one.
- 7-9 Bury St. (“The Old House”) (34752/APP/2016/4598 and 4600): Details in compliance with various conditions of planning permissions 34752/APP/2016/446 and 447. Decisions were due 22nd February.
- 178-182 High Street (previously Quilters)(28388/APP/2017/1447): First and second floor rear extension, conversion of roofspace to habitable use to include 3 x front dormers, 4 x side dormers and change of use from Use Class A1 (Retail) to Use Class C3 (Residential) to create 6 x 2-bed and 3 x 1-bed self-contained flats, balustrade to rear to from communal terrace and alteration to bin/cycle storage. Presumably this application has now been superseded by the earlier application which was allowed on appeal – though it is still shown as current on the Council website.
- 21 Eastcote Road (28723/APP/2017/2067): Part two storey, part single storey rear extension, creation of basement level and change of use of first floor from Use Class C3 to Use Class D1 for use as a surgery, alterations to elevations and parking. We are liaising with local residents and have sent comments obo RRA to the case officer as agreed. Decision was due 11th August.
- 41 Eastcote Road (36384/APP/2017/2275, 2457 and 2459): a) Conversion of garage to habitable use to include alterations to front, alteration of front bay roof from hipped to gable end, porch to front and alterations to fenestration (Resubmission), b) Extension of existing terrace to rear, and c) Conversion of roof space to habitable use to include 2 x side dormers and one rear dormer and 4 side roof lights (Application for a Certificate of Lawful Development for a Proposed Development). Decision due 31st August. It appears that there is much work in hand already at this site.
Applications due for decision in September
- 6 Kingsend (54441/APP/2017/2233): Single storey rear extension. Decision due 3rd September.
- 7A Manor Road (69063/APP/2017/2386): Conversion of roof space to habitable use to include a rear dormer, 1 x front and 2 x side rooflights (Resubmission). Decision due 7th September.
- 61A Kingsend (61745/APP/2017/2573): Details pursuant to discharge conditions No. 3 (Materials) of planning permission Ref: 61745/APP/2017/1719 dated 12/07/2017 (Canopy to front). Decision due 12th September.
- 31 Bury Street (73027/APP/2017/2516): Single storey rear extension. Decision due 12th September.
Other Ongoing Key Matters
- Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) building: This building is in a critical position within the conservation area, between Manor Farm and St Martin’s, and it is in poor condition. This site was put up for sale by the council, and we understand that a potential owner has asked the council to organise an archaeological investigation of the site.
- The Six Bells: There is concern that The Six Bells is falling into disrepair. The Council are considering a pre-application proposal for the site – their powers relating to the repair of listed buildings are limited. I wrote to the owner expressing our concerns in Nov 2016 but not received a response. The Council have no new information.
- 16/18 Kingsend: We are concerned that the driveway has been relaid with tarmac rather than the permeable surface required, and several other matters. Jonathan Murray (of the Council) has spoken to the site project manager who has said he is aware that some issues still need to be addressed.
- Property developers: Churchill Retirement Living have been sending letters through doors in Kingsend and Sharps Lane (at least) offering to buy up properties so that they can develop. We believe other companies are also doing this in Ruislip. This trend is of real concern, and we are keeping a close eye on it together with the Council.*